Monday, August 4, 2008

Visit from parents and the sister...

My parents and sister came to visit me a few weeks ago in the big state of California. It was nice to see them and to be the host for the week in my apartment. This is the first time they had seen it.

They hung out at my apartment, laying by the pool and just relaxing, for a couple days while I worked. I got to take off Friday and although we didn't make it to San Francisco (it was cold and rainy), we had a good time One night we treked up to Tahoe for the evening. We did a little sightseeing, ate lots of crab legs at the Harrah's buffet, and gambled away our life savings. Okay, no losing of the life savings...and actually, I think we all came out about even.




Dadd and Mac had to leave on Monday morning, but Mom got to stay until Friday. : ) We had a good time just hanging out...and best of all, she had my house clean and my laundry done by the time I got home from work. hehe... Okay, just kidding again,...it was great having her around and I'm looking forward to everyone's next visit!

Speaking of next visit, MacKenzie and Julian are arriving in Sacramento a week from tomorrow! I think we will make one big trip to Monterray or Santa Cruz and then they might possibly go to SF for the day. Other than that, they are on their own! I, unfortunately, have to work. There's lots to do around here, so once I show them what there is, I'm sure they won't be bored. (hopefully!!)

I hope everyone is doing well and thanks for checking this blog for the updates. I know that I am not very good at it these days.

No comments: