Saturday, January 26, 2008

Work Life

I work at KPMG in downtown Sacramento as a Tax Associate and instead of driving in crazy traffic, I take the Lightrail train. It's a 45 minute ride and lets me off about 3 blocks from the office. So far, I don't mind it, but I would really enjoy driving myself. Unfortunately, my decision to forgo buying a hybrid and get the gas-guzzler V6 instead has left me with no choice. : )...but its such a pretty car, though, right?!

Anyway, its a really great job and I'm so glad that there are a ton of young people like myself there. I was just saying to Aunt Angela that KPMG should send Parker Swearngin a check for the knowledge I obtained from them that I'm utilizing at my new job. She agrees.

I've been assigned a 'buddy' to help my transition to working for the firm...and she is great! She also lives in Folsom, so we usually meet and ride together.

The only picture I have taken that I can contribute to this post is the following:

This is the cube of someone at work whose birthday happened to be known by all. See all the posti-its?...and the little confetti (from a hole-punch)?? I don't think this complies with the new 'going green' policy. Supposedly, this guy has to keep the decorations up until someone else has a birthday. Yikes. Fun, though!

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I spent a week in Chicago attending Tax Fundamentals training. I will try to get some pictures from some colleagues.

No comments: