NINE SUITCASES!!!! Crazy, huh? Yes, and that's what Kyle thought when I finally showed him how many there were.
Getting the suitcases in the Explorer and then the rental car was an adventure in and of itself. Then, trying to get all of the clothing from the suitcases into Kyle's closet and the 4 drawers I had him clear for me was an uphill battle. After many hours and 120 hangers later, I'm finally settled in.
Mom, Dad, Kyle, and I hung out at Kyle's place over the next few days and did some 'move Courtney to CA' stuff. First on the list was: GET A CAR. Since we decided to fly, I didn't have a car here to use and was actually going to get a new one anyway. So, this way, Mac could have my red Saturn to use as her own (after a small payment from the 'rents).
We went to the Saturn dealership first.....and.....after 8 or 9 hours, we finally left. It was probably the longest day I've ever had. I was ready to pay whatever they wanted for the dang car! In the end, I got the perfect vehicle!!!! It's a 2008 black Saturn Vue AWD. Beautiful!
Because of all the rain, it didn't seem like cliche California--not so sunny. Mom and Dadd will have to come back soon to see the sun!
My work had an outing to Lake Tahoe to go skiing planned for my first day of work, so most everyone in the office would be gone...so my boss decided to invite me. Yeah! KPMG gave everyone a room for the night at Embassy Suites and also two ski lift tickets at Heavenly. Since mom and dadd were out to see me the week before, I convinced them to stay a couple more to go to Tahoe. I'm sure all of you have heard how this went. : ) Needless to say, we all (excluding Kyle) were a little out of shape and it took its toll on our bodies. I think Mom was sore for weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment